If you are starting at Helena Romanes we welcome you to our school. We hope you find our website a useful way to get important information. For any additional questions please phone the school office on 01371 876 593 or email us at email@example.com.
Starting school is a very special time for you and your child and we are committed to providing a smooth transition which will allow them to settle in, get to know our staff, and make new friends. There will be plenty of opportunities before September for you and your child to get to know us and for us to get to know you.
Our plans include:
- An individual meeting with the class teacher, where we can give you an introduction to the school, start to get to know your child and offer you an opportunity to ask any initial questions
- A visit to your child’s current setting (if applicable)
- A stay and play session for you and your child so they can meet their new classmates and school staff
- A session where your child can explore the classroom whilst you attend a parent meeting to provide additional information. For example, we will share information about what a day in Reception looks like, and share ideas about how you can best prepare your child for starting school.
- A Teddy Bear’s Picnic for you and your child.
We look forward to welcoming you to our induction sessions and we will be in touch with more information about these in the summer term. We appreciate that you might have additional questions in the meantime, so please do feel free to phone the school office on 01371 876 593 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.