Emergency SCHOOL Closures
Emergency School Closure Procedure
In the event of adverse weather, the school will inform parents by 7.30am via email/text message and school website. Depending on the weather conditions, the school will decide to implement one of the following options:
1) Open but operating on a reduced timetable
- The school will officially open at 10:00 a.m. (but will be open before this time for students arriving earlier)
- The school will finish at the normal time for students – 3:10pm. There will be no after school lessons/clubs/detentions/meetings for students unless the weather has improved considerably during the day.
- In the event of worsening weather conditions during the school day necessitating closure, we will give as much notice as possible and communicate this decision by email/text message/notice on the school website.
- The senior leadership team will work together to ensure that students get home safely.
2) School Building Closure
- The school building will remain closed
- On the first day of closure, students will be set work for period 2, 3, 4 and 5. All tasks, or links to live lessons, will be posted on Classcharts. For any subsequent days of closure, work will be set for all lessons in the same way as above.
Should the weather worsen during the day, the school may need to take the decision to close early. In this case, parents/carers will be informed via email/text message/ school website as soon as possible. The school will liaise with the bus companies and senior staff will remain in school to supervise any remaining students.
In all of the above cases, the school will liaise closely with the school bus companies. Parents/carers are also advised to check with their child's bus company.
Parents will be able to see the full list of closures on the Essex County Council website. The page can be accessed using the link below and path:
The Emergency Closures page will update as and when notifications are received, therefore it is recommended to continue to check or refresh the page.