GCSE Results 2018
The Helena Romanes School in Parsonage Downs, Great Dunmow, saw 58 per cent of students achieve a standard pass in English and maths.
- Lucy Turvey achieved 9 Grade 9’s, 1 Grade 8, an A* and an A
- Emily Monk achieved 2 Grade 9’s, 6 Grade 8’s and a Grade 7, 2 A*’s and an A
- Olivia O’Neill achieved 3 Grade 9’s, 5 Grade 8’s, 5 A*’s and an A
- Oliver Venner achieved 2 Grade 9’s, 3 Grade 8’s, 3 Grade 7’s and 2 A’s
- Nicole Fernandes achieved 1 Grade 9, 4 Grade 8’s, 3 Grade 7’s, 3 A*’s and 2A’s
- Megan Petts achieved 2 Grade 9’s, 2 Grade 8’s, 3 Grade 7’s, 1 Grade 6, 1 Grade 5 and an A
English results have maintained their previous high standards with 79 per cent of students achieving a good pass.
Simon Knight, Headteacher, said “these results are evidence of the sustained performance across the school, which together with last week’s results at A-level demonstrate that we continue to move in the right direction. The dedication and hard work of students, with the support of parents and staff, has culminated in a very pleasing set of examination results. The school continues to improve and I am confident of further success in the future.”
A Level Results 2018
The Helena Romanes School are celebrating a 99% pass rate for their Sixth Form students today. One in four results were A* – B.
Head of Sixth Form, Donna Wright said: “The results are a reflection of the dedication and commitment demonstrated by our students. This, combined with the support of staff and parents, has produced some outstanding results. I am extremely proud of our students and wish them all the best for the future.”
Headteacher, Simon Knight added “I would like to congratulate all students on their achievements and wish them well in their future pathways in further study, training or employment.”
Individual students who did particularly well in their Sixth Form studies are:
- George Woosey achieved 2 A*’s in History and Business, an A in EPQ and a B in Geography. He will study Business Management at Leeds University.
- Laura O’Neill achieved 1 A* in Maths and 2 A’s in Physics and Business Studies. She will study Mechanical Engineering at Edinburgh University.
- Ellie Moodie achieved 1 A* in Sociology, a B in Psychology and a Distinction in BTEC Applied Science. She is going to take up employment in the education field.
- Lauren McNally achieved 3 A’s in Art, Photography and EPQ. She is going to study a Foundation Art and Photography course at Southend.