Weekly News Bulletin: 24 September 2021

News from the Learning Zone
It’s been a busy time in the Learning Zone with our Year 7 students undertaking their CATs assessments with maturity and confidence.

We are preparing for National Poetry Day on the 7th October by inviting students to write a poem on a leaf which will be attached to our ‘PoeTree’.

I am looking forward to reading the poems and sharing pictures in a future bulletin. Leaves can be collected from the Learning Zone.

Short poems on any subject are welcome from parents and staff too – here is my effort to get the ball rolling:

Autumn

Conkers dropping from the trees
Orange and brown crispy leaves

Misty mornings full of dew
Squirrels busy finding food

Hot chocolate with marshmallows
Snuggling up with lots of pillows

This is what Autumn means to me
My favourite season, do you agree?

Mrs S Bird – Learning Zone Manager

Maths Homework

The Maths homework days for each year group are as follows:

• Monday – Year 7 and Year 11
• Tuesday – Year 10
• Wednesday – Year 8
• Thursday – Year 9 (A Population)
• Friday – Year 9 (B Population)

These are the days when homework is both set and due one week later.

For further details regarding expectations please see the homework postcards attached to the bulletin, or the post on Satchel One from your class teacher.

Kind regards,
Miss G Bacon – Maths Faculty

Year 7

As always, I hope this bulletin finds you all well.

I feel that the Year 7’s have really now settled into the rhythm of life at HRS. It feels as though they have always been here and they have made such a great impression on the staff over their first few weeks.

We are continuing to iron out the remaining Show My Homework log in issues and are now down to the final few students. Thank you to Mr Hore who has helped with this.

Well done to all students who have been attending clubs and activities, this is excellent to see.

We have introduced awards certificates into our assembly this week, and this will be a constant theme throughout the year as we want to ensure that students receive the praise that they deserve.

Once again, I would like to thank all the parents and carers for your support. If you have anything you would like to discuss with me, please contact me on the email below.

I wish you all a happy and healthy weekend.

Mr D Archer
darcher@hrs.education

Name Labels

Please may we remind you to label all items of school clothing with your child’s name. We have already received a collection of unnamed items in lost property.

Thank you.
Student Reception