Weekly News Bulletin: 23 May 2016

Early Closure
Please may I remind you that school will close early next Friday 27th May 2016 at 12.45pm.  The school buses will collect students at this time to take them home.

Students in receipt of free school meals will be able to have their allowance at morning break so as not to miss out on their entitlement.
Simon Knight – Headteacher

Request from Careers
I am in the process of arranging our annual Year 10 Occupational Talks Event to be held on Thursday 7th July from 9.00am – 11.00am.

I invite about 20 different speakers to talk to small groups of students, in a classroom situation, on a variety of careers.   I am struggling to find a suitable speaker to talk about opportunities in Sport, and also Business/Entrepreneurship.

If you feel able to help, or have any contacts, I would be very happy to hear from you.  Please email me at pabbott@hrs.education .
Thank you.
Mrs P Abbott – Careers Co-ordinator

Congratulations!
We would like to congratulate Amy Austin in Year 9 who along with her family, held a cake sale and raffle recently at Tesco Dunmow and raised £220 for the Epilepsy Society.

The family wanted to raise money for the charity because Amy’s two brothers both have epilepsy.

Bertie Bin
Please can we remind you that we have organised a clothes collection for Bertie Bin on Monday 23rd May.   Bertie will accept all clean clothes, bed linen, towels & bags but cannot accept slippers, wellie boots, roller skates, single shoes, heavily stained or soiled clothes, pillows, duvets or sleeping bags.

All students have been given a Bertie Bin collection bag to take home to fill so with summer here, now is the ideal time to have a clear out, so please could you try and bring in a bag.

Filled bags can go straight into Bertie Bin, which is located opposite D block towards the staff car park.

Thank you.