Heating Update: School Open as Usual Wednesday 4th March 2015

Further to my letter yesterday regarding the problems we are experiencing with the heating system in the school, I am writing to update you about the situation.

I am pleased to say that school will be open to all year groups tomorrow and the Year 9 Parents’ Evening will go ahead as planned.  The reason for this is that we have managed to source some emergency heaters to use around school.  A new boiler should be operational by Monday offering a more permanent solution.

I apologise that some parents did not receive notification about the school closing yesterday until very late but I was loathe to close the school until I was convinced that there was no other option available to me.  Once the decision was made and following discussions with the Governors, we contacted all parents as quickly as possible via In Touch emails and text messages but unfortunately due to the large volume of messages being sent, this took some time to reach all parents.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and patience with this matter.

Simon Knight
Headteacher